CAS:12069-69-1 |Cupric carbonate basic manufacturer
|Basic copper carbonate [Cu2(OH)2CO3] %
|Copper (Cu) %
|Iron (Fe) %
|Plumbum (Pb) %
|Arsenic (As) %
|Hydrochloric acid insoluble %
|Chloride (Cl) %
|Sulfate (SO42- ) %
Basic copper carbonate, also known as copper carbonate, is malachite green, so it is also called malachite. It is a precious mineral gem. It is a substance produced by the reaction of copper with oxygen, carbon dioxide and water in the air. It is also known as copper rust and its color is green. Heating in air will decompose into copper oxide, water and carbon dioxide. Dissolve in acid and form corresponding copper salt. It also dissolves in cyanide, ammonium salt and alkali metal carbonate aqueous solution to form copper complex. When boiled in water or heated in strong alkali solution, brown copper oxide can be formed and decomposed into black copper oxide at 200 ℃. It is unstable in hydrogen sulfide atmosphere and can react with hydrogen sulfide to form copper sulfide. There are more than ten forms of compounds in basic copper carbonate according to the ratio of cuco3: H2O. It exists in the form of malachite in nature.
If it is placed in the air for a long time, it will absorb moisture and release carbon dioxide, and slowly turn into green malachite. It exists in the form of azurite in nature. Copper carbonate and copper bicarbonate do not actually exist. Basic copper carbonate precipitation can be obtained by adding sodium carbonate to dilute copper sulfate solution or passing carbon dioxide into copper hydroxide suspension. Basic copper carbonate can be regarded as composed of copper hydroxide and copper carbonate. In fact, there are two kinds of copper carbonate: one copper hydroxide and two copper carbonate.
The chemical formula of the former is cuco3 · Cu (OH) 2, which is a grass green monoclinic crystalline fibrous mass or dark green powder. The precipitate obtained from the solution initially appears green and turns dark green in the solution after placement. It is toxic and is the main component of green rust (commonly known as copper green) formed on the surface of copper.
The chemical formula of the latter is 2cuco3 · Cu (OH) 2, dark sky blue, very bright monoclinic crystals, or compact crystalline clusters. It is insoluble in water, soluble in ammonia and hot and concentrated sodium bicarbonate solution to form blue, which decomposes at 300 ℃. Basic copper carbonate can be used to make signal bombs, fireworks, paint pigments, other copper salts, solid phosphor activators, insecticides, seed treatment, bactericides and antidotes, as well as electroplating.
Identification of substance
Product Name :Cupric carbonate basic
Other Name :Basic copper carbonate
Chemical Name :Cu2(OH)2•CO3
Recommended Use :Used for making fireworks, paint pigment, used as pigment,
insecticide, phosphorus poison antidote, electroplating, etc.
Acute toxicity-oral 4
Acute toxicity- inhalation 4
Skin corrosion/irritation 2
Serious eye damage/eye irritation 2A
Specific target organ toxicity, single exposure 3
Hazardous to the aquatic environment, acute hazard 1
Hazardous to the aquatic environment, long-term hazard 1
Signal words : Danger
H302:Harmful if swallowed
H315:Causes skin irritation
H319:Causes serious eye irritation
H332:Harmful if inhaled
H335:May cause respiratory irritation
H400:Very toxic to aquatic life
H410:Very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects
Precautionary Statement Prevention
P261:Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
P264:Wash hands thoroughly after handling.
P270:Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product.
P271:Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area.
P273:Avoid release to the environment.
P280:Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection/hearing protection
Precautionary Statement Response
P301+P317:IF SWALLOWED: Get medical help.
P302+P352:IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of water/…
P304+P340:IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing.
P305+P351+P338:IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
P317:Get medical help.
P319:Get medical help if you feel unwell.
P321:Specific treatment (see the supplemental first aid instruction).
P332+P317:If skin irritation occurs:Get medical help.
P337+P317:If eye irritation persists: Get medical help.
P362+P364:Take off immediately contaminated clothing and wash it before reuse.
Precautionary Statement Storage
P403+P233:Store in a well-ventilated place. Keep container tightly closed.
P405:Store locked up.
Precautionary Statement Disposal
P501:Dispose of contents/container in according with local regulation.
NOTE TO PHYSICIAN
In case of shortness of breath, give oxygen. Keep victim warm. Keep victim under observation.
Move to fresh air. Oxygen or artificial respiration if needed.
Get immediate medical attention.
After skin contact
Immediately flush skin with plenty of water. Remove and isolate contaminated clothing and shoes. If irritation persists, get medical attention immediately. For minor skin contact,
avoid spreading material on unaffected skin. Wash clothing separately before reuse.
After eye contact
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes. Assure adequate flushing of the eyes by separating the eyelids with fingers. Get medical attention immediately.
Immediately make victim drink water (two glasses at most). Consult a physician.
Most important symptoms/effects，acute and delayed
Symptoms of systemic copper poisoning may include: capillary damage, headache, cold sweat, weak pulse, and kidney and liver damage, central nervous system excitation followed by depression, jaundice, convulsions, paralysis, and coma. Death may occur from shock or renal failure. Chronic copper poisoning is typified by hepatic cirrhosis, brain damage and
demyelination, kidney defects, and copper deposition in the cornea as exemplified by humans with Wilson's disease. It has also been reported that copper poisoning has lead to hemolytic anemia and accelerates arteriosclerosis. To the best of our knowledge, the chemical, physical, and toxicological properties have not been thoroughly investigated.
Suitable extinguishing agents
Substance is nonflammable, use agent most appropriate to extinguish surrounding fire.
Special hazards caused by the material, its products of combustion or flue gases
Non-combustible. Thermal decomposition can lead to release of irritating smog and vapors (Copper oxides). Do not allow run-off from fire-fighting to enter drains or water courses.
Put out the fire upwind, and move the container from the fire to the open area as far as possible. Wear full protective clothing, including helmet, self-contained positive pressure or pressure demand breathing apparatus, protective clothing and face mask.